Sunday, March 24, 2013

Painted Toes

Welcome back for another time together…as I was thinking about my next post I was trying to remember what kinds of things sparked my interest in even starting a blog in the first place. My memories brought me back to an event that does not happen very often in my life…a shower!!! Haha, showers are so precious these days. I know many of you can relate.
Anyway, as I was in the shower I looked down at my toes. As I looked, I could not help but smile. What were once always perfectly painted and trimmed, were now a chipped pink and looked very forgotten. It was then I wondered how many other new mom’s toes out there were looking the same. It then donned on me…things like painted toes can be a booster for my maybe long day of changing diapers, wiping boogers, and you fill in the blank. I am not saying be selfish, but I am saying it is so important to renew and replenish YOU! Taking the time (maybe just 5 minutes) each day can be that extra fuel that gets you through.
Some things I have taken from my mom and found for myself that seem to help me are: spending time with Jesus, always putting on makeup (yes even if I am wearing sweats), wearing earrings, lighting a candle, and of course now painting my toes. So,  I challenge you to find those things that refuel your tank and incorporate into your day. And always remember you are doing a GREAT job!!!!
May Jesus give you joy for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment